Discover how to create innovative web apps with Ruby on Rails and explore your creativity in The Complete Ruby on Rails Developer Course created by Rob Percival, Mashrur Hossain, Codestars by Rob Percival
What you'll learn
- You'll also learn how to quickly prototype ideas and turn them into working apps
- Become a professional web application developer
- Become a professional Ruby on Rails developer
- Create and design any web application you can imagine
- Find work at software companies as a Ruby on Rails developer
- A modern browser and internet connection
- No prior programming or web app development experience necessary
Now featuring Rails 6 – the latest version of the Ruby on Rails framework.
Ruby on Rails Web Developer average salaries by city as of January 2020 (according to Glassdoor):
New York – $95,000/yr, Boston – $97,000/yr, San Francisco – $100,719/yr
Need more reasons on “why Ruby on Rails?”
Among the most popular and powerful web application development tools for both startups and mature software companies, Ruby on Rails has quickly gained traction since its introduction. Ruby on Rails is a powerful framework that has fueled some top-ranking websites such as Basecamp, Twitter, Shopify, Github, LivingSocial, Groupon, Hulu, Airbnb, Yellow Pages, etc. Even after immense scaling, most of them continue to use Rails! The technology industry consistently pays the highest salaries to Ruby on Rails developers.
The Complete Ruby on Rails Developer is:
#1 Web development course with Ruby on Rails on Udemy. 64,000+ students, 9500+ ratings, 57% of them are 5-star!
#1 Best-seller in Ruby on Rails since it's launch
In this The Complete Ruby on Rails Developer Course download, you will learn how to build everything from simple to complex, deployable, production-ready web applications
In this Complete Ruby on Rails Developer Course, we will cover Ruby programming, 5 apps comprised of Alpha-blog and Finance Tracker that run on Rails 6, MessageMe and the University app that uses Rails 5, and a SAAS application upgrade to Rails 6 that is in progress!
A comprehensive introduction to Web Application Development using Ruby on Rails is provided by this comprehensive Ruby on Rails course. Using more than forty hours of engaging video lectures and video follow-up lectures including instructions, references, and code, The Complete Ruby on Rails Developer Course is designed to:
The Complete Ruby on Rails Developer Course teaches students who have no prior programming experience how to become proficient Ruby on Rails web application developers.
– Help students with prior experience in Ruby on Rails or web development get a leg up in the industry by teaching them the ins and outs of backend development with Rails and helping them build complex apps at will.
– We will provide professionals and students alike with a way to start using Ruby on Rails as their preferred backend development framework, so they can create robust web apps very quickly and make their ideas a reality.
Current web apps built in The Complete Ruby on Rails Developer Course(6):
A blog built with CRUD functions, multiple resources, an authentication system built from scratch, a front-end with Bootstrap, a DB layer with one-to-many and many-to-many associations, and production deployment! This workstation supports both Rails 4 and 5 (with the ability to access both repositories). Built using Rails 6 (compatible with 4, 5, 6)
Section 8: MessageMe real-time messaging app featuring ActionCable, use of WebSocket protocol and Semantic-UI front-end. Built using Rails 5!
Section 10: The Photo App development team extended the functionalities of the device's Android and iOS operating systems, integrated Stripe payment API, and uploaded files to a S3 bucket on AWS.
Section 11: Software as a Service for Project Management – includes functionality such as multi-tenancy, extending devices, payment functionality through Stripe, team levels, restricted access based on payment tiers, and more!
Section 12: (bonus) University App – Introductory Rails tutorial (optional as beginner app for The Complete Ruby on Rails Developer Course). It is beginner-friendly, but it uses MaterializeCSS front-end framework, rather than Bootstrap, and the tutorial walks through how to customize features. Built using Rails 5.
Ruby on Rails – introduced 15 years ago – continues to be the cool but stable framework of choice for startups since it allows for rapid development – while maintaining structure and security – as complex and disruptive business ideas are brought to life in record time.
We learn Rails from the ground up through a very structured approach, starting with Ruby, the programming language behind Rails. The Complete Ruby on Rails Developer Course consists of everything from “Hello World” to Object-Oriented Programming. Using homework assignments, quizzes, coding exercises, and free web-based resources to accompany video lectures, students learn skills quickly. The text lectures also provide supplementary reading material after each video, so students have access to multiple books in addition to the videos to guide them through the course.
In the beginning, all code is written from scratch, which limits shortcuts and generators so students can learn what's going on underneath the hood of Rails applications and will be able to design them as they wish. Later in The Complete Ruby on Rails Developer Course, based on solid knowledge and understanding already acquired, rapid prototyping is introduced, with the use of generators and scaffolds, culminating in a complete Software as a Service Application that can be used to launch a new startup.
Some key features of The Complete Ruby on Rails Developer Course are:
– 250+ lectures and 40+ hours of video content
– Ruby programming from scratch; writing your first program to say “Hello World” to Object Oriented Programming while building multiple mini-projects along the way
– Local installation and development options made available for both Macs and Windows machines (that's right, Windows as well!)
– Git for version control, Github as code repository, Heroku for production deployment
– Working with Amazon Web Services S3 bucket for storage, Sendgrid for production email functionality, Multi-Tenancy using Milia
– Custom credit card form creation and working with Stripe API to implement payment processing functionality
– Rails MVC structure in-depth – Models, Views, Controllers
– FREE live support
– Design and conceptualization using wire-framing tools
– Building authentication systems from scratch at first using the default Rails stack, including admin feature, log in/logout and signup. Then learning how to use Devise and extend the basic functionality provided by Devise to customize it and speed up authentication systems
– Bootstrap, Semantic-UI and MaterializeCSS (using material design concepts) for UI styling
– Fully automated test suites using Unit, Functional and Integration tests
– Database associations: One-to-many, many-to-many, self-referential using ActiveRecord
– much, much more!
Join today and I'll see you in the course.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who wants to be a web app developer: This is a complete course that starts with Ruby and ends with creating multiple web apps with Rails 5 & 6.
- Anyone who wants to learn to code: Ruby is a language built with programmer happiness in mind
- Anyone who wants to bring their web app ideas to life
- Anyone who wants to start their own startup with their own apps
Created by Rob Percival, Mashrur Hossain, Codestars by Rob Percival
Last updated 2/2021
Size: 15.1 GB
- Download The Complete Ruby on Rails Developer Course Part 1
- Download The Complete Ruby on Rails Developer Course Part 2
- Download The Complete Ruby on Rails Developer Course Part 3
- Download The Complete Ruby on Rails Developer Course Part 4
- Download The Complete Ruby on Rails Developer Course Part 5
- Download The Complete Ruby on Rails Developer Course Part 6