What you'll learn
- Build 6 beautiful real-world projects for your portfolio (not boring toy apps)
- How to think and work like a developer: problem-solving, researching, workflows
- Modern ES6+ from the beginning: arrow functions, destructuring, spread operator, optional chaining (ES2020), etc.
- Modern OOP: Classes, constructors, prototypal inheritance, encapsulation, etc.
- Complex concepts like the ‘this' keyword, higher-order functions, closures, etc.
- How to architect your code using flowcharts and common patterns
- Modern tools for 2020 and beyond: NPM, Parcel, Babel, and ES6 modules
- Practice your skills with 50+ challenges and assignments (solutions included)
- Get downloadable lectures and friendly support in the Q&A area.
- Design your unique learning path according to your goals: course pathways
*** Completely re-built from scratch in October 2020 (65 hours video) ***
You will also learn how to think like a developer, how to plan application features, how to architect your code, how to debug code, and a lot of other real-world skills that you will need on your developer job.
By the end of the course, you will have the knowledge and confidence that you need in order to ace your job interviews and become a professional developer.
My name is Jonas, I'm an experienced web developer and designer, and one of Udemy's top instructors. I have been teaching this bestselling course since 2016 to over 350,000 developers, always listening to feedback and understanding exactly how students actually learn.
So what exactly is covered in the course?
- Deep dive into functions: arrow functions, first-class and higher-order functions, bind, and closures.
- Deep dive into object-oriented programming: prototypal inheritance, constructor functions (ES5), classes (ES6), encapsulation, abstraction, inheritance, and polymorphism. [This is like a small standalone course]
- Learn modern tools that are used by professional web developers: NPM, Parcel (module bundler), Babel, and ES6 modules
This is what's also included in the package:
- Up-to-date HD-quality videos, that are easy to search and reference (great for Udemy for Business students)
- Videos are also downloadable. Learn wherever you want, even without an internet connection!
- Professional English captions (not the auto-generated ones)
- Downloadable starter code and final code for each section
- Downloadable slides for 40+ theory videos (not boring, I promise!)
- Free support in the course Q&A
- 25+ coding challenges and 25+ assignments to practice your new skills (solutions included)
This course is for you if…
- … you are interested in using a library/framework like React, Angular, Vue, or Node.js in the future
Who this course is for:
- Take this course if you're interested in using a library/framework like React, Angular, Vue, or Node in the future.
Created by Jonas Schmedtmann
Last updated 11/2020