Become job ready for advanced nodejs development by mastering testing from scratch, jest, cypress, mocha and more.
What you'll learn
- Get a very deep understanding of unit testing
- Test real-world node-js APIs with both unit testing & integration testing
- Become a guru at writing end to end tests for all sorts of applications
- Master mocking, stubbing, and common techniques of testing applications
- Understand when and how to use feature tests, unit tests, and an end to end tests.
When I started learning how to check, everything looked so easy.
Assert 2 + 2 = 4?
Sure, piece of cake. However when I was confronted with a real-world application, this was terrifying. I could not catch up at my task. It was depressing. I didn't understand what mocking was. Neither did I understand topics like stubbing or spying.
That's why I produced this course. You are going to start from scratch, understanding precisely what a test is, what an assertion is, what mistakes are, and after that we'll proceed to more fundamental subjects like:
- Unit testing
- Test runners
- Assertion libraries
- Test suites and organizing tests
- Running tests
To master these ideas, we'll compose system tests for real-world functions, and comprehend exactly how testing feels when working on a real-world project.
There will be a lot of projects and code reviews, to ensure you understand precisely what is being believed in the course.
After our feet are wet, and we can write standard tests, and after resolving numerous exercises, we'll proceed to a more real-world method, covering innovative subjects like:
- Feature/ integration testing
- Spying & stubbing
- Asynchronous tests
- Database testing
- End to end testing
Who this course is for:
Created by Kati Frantz
Last updated 6/2019
Size: 793.94 MB