Develop and deploy enterprise back-end applications following best practices using Node.js and TypeScript
What you'll learn
- Becoming familiar with the NestJS framework and its components
- Designing and developing REST APIs performing CRUD operations
- Authentication and Authorization for back-end applications
- Using TypeORM for database interaction
- Security best practices, password hashing and storing sensitive information
- Persisting data using a database
- Deploying back-end applications at a production-ready state to Amazon Web Services
- Writing clean, maintainable code in-line with industry standards
- Utilising the NestJS Command Line Interface (CLI)
- Using Postman for testing back-end services
- Using pgAdmin as an interface tool to manage PostgreSQL databases
- Implement efficient logging in a back-end application
- Environment-based configuration management and environment variables
- Implementing data validation and using Pipes
- Guarding endpoints for authorized users using Guards
- Modelling entities for the persistence layer
- TypeScript best practices
- Handling asynchronous operations using async-await
- Using Data Transfer Objects (DTO)
- Hands-on experience with JSON Web Tokens (JWT)
- Unit testing NestJS applications
- Using GraphQL with NestJS
- Database persistence with MongoDB
- Having basic knowledge of TypeScript is recommended, but not required
NestJS is a Node.js back-end development framework built on Express, leveraging the power of TypeScript.
Even thinking about the quantity of excellent libraries, helpers and tools that exist for server-side Node.js, none successfully fix the primary issue – the architecture of an application.
NestJS supplies an out-of-the-box application architecture which permits developers and groups to make extremely testable, scalable, loosely combined and quickly maintainable applications.
Just recently, the NestJS framework is acquiring severe appeal due to its amazing functions;
- Easy to utilize, simple to find out and simple to master
- Effective Command Line Interface (CLI) tool that improves efficiency and ease of development
- Comprehensive, properly maintained documents
- Active codebase development and upkeep
- Open-source (MIT license).
- Supports lots nest-specific modules that assist you quickly incorporate with common technologies and principles such as TypeORM, Mongoose, GraphQL, Logging, Validation, Caching, Websockets and far more.
- Easy of unit-testing applications.
- Created for Monoliths and Micro-services (whole area in the paperwork concerning the Microservice kind of a NestJS application, in addition to methods and dishes).
In this NestJS Zero to Hero – Modern TypeScript Back-end Development course I am going to assist you through the procedure of preparation, developing and deploying a fully-featured back-end application, based upon my experience developing and preserving systems that support lots of countless concurrent users at scale.
Who this course is for:.
- Any developers going to use TypeScript on the back-end.
- Developers excited to find out how to develop performant, safe and production-ready REST APIs following finest practices.
- Developers who wish to find out how to deploy their application to the cloud (Amazon Web Services).
- Developers who wish to follow developing an useful, real-world application from absolutely no to production.
Created by Ariel Weinberger
Last updated 1/2021
Size: 3.62 GB