What you'll learn
- Build native desktop applications using existing knowledge of HTML, CSS & JavaSript
- Create applications for both Mac, Windows & Linux
- Understand the near-entire Electron API in detail.
- Package Electron applications for distribution.
- Expand your existing skills beyond the browser & add an invaluable new skill to your resume.
- Verifiable certificate of completion.
- Working knowledge of HTML & CSS.
- Be comfortable with very basic usage of the command line (CLI)
- Basic understanding of Node.js
- Basic knowledge of Git (Recommended, but not required)
** Now includes MacOS Notarization **
** UPDATED for Electron version 9 & 10 **
Go from Web Developer to Desktop Applications Developer by learning
to use the entire Electron API from scratch.
- Learn to develop with Electron using the best tools
- Understand the different parts of Electron and how they work together
- Cover the near-entire Electron API, learning one module at a time
- Learn Electron features & techniques for using API modules together
- Put your new knowledge to practical use by building a detailed 8-step Electron project from scratch.
An invaluable skill for any Web Developer to expand their career opportunities.
You will be able to start building real-world desktop applications immediately.
Content and Overview
- Basic command line usage and an understanding of ES2015 (ES6) will be beneficial.
In the end, you'll build an application that uses a lot of the Electron API in real-world scenarios. The project lessons are broken up into eight individual videos and give you a complete, distribution-ready desktop application.
Who this course is for:
- This course is designed for developers with a good understanding of web technologies such as HTML, CSS & JS, looking to start building native Desktop applications using their existing knowledge.
- The course covers almost every aspect of Electron and is very comprehensive.
- No prior experience with Electron is required.
Created by Ray Viljoen
Last updated 1/2021
Size: 2.12 GB