Bridge the gap between Design & Development! Break down detailed designs and bring them to life with Material-UI/React.
What you'll learn
- Create beautifully designed production applications from scratch with Material-UI
- Build applications that look perfect on every screen with Material-UI's responsive design system
- Refine UX/UI design intuition and see concepts in action
- Search Engine Optimization in React JS
- Migrate from create-react-app to Next JS
- Use serverless functions with Firebase
- Export and efficiently integrate animations with react-lottie
- Collect data and track events with Google Analytics in React JS
- Ensure cross-browser support with your styles in Material-UI
- Deploy production Material-UI/React JS applications
- Be comfortable with React JS — this is an intermediate level course!
- Mac or Windows Computer
Welcome to the most comprehensive resource for Material-UI to date!
Across 35 hours and more than 200 lectures, I will teach you absolutely everything there is to know about building finely designed applications using hands-down the most useful tool I've learned since React itself — Material-UI!
Take your web development skills to a whole new level and separate yourself from the average React developer by gaining the confidence to build professionally designed applications!
After learning React, I think many developers run into a common problem — what are the best practices for actually building your own project!? You may have an idea in your head for a really cool application or website but feel like you wouldn't know exactly how to go about creating it with React. Are you supposed to build every little component and piece of functionality from scratch? Definitely not! Learn to let Material-UI do the heavy lifting for you with its comprehensive customizable component library with integrated styling, theming, grid, and responsive design systems.
Most of the Implement High Fidelity Designs with Material-UI and ReactJS courses you take while learning React are focused on teaching you the core concepts and fundamental syntax/structures necessary to understand and build React applications. This is usually done by building either a handful of small projects, each focused around a certain concept or by building a large project and incorporating each concept as you go. Learning like this is great, and absolutely essential to understanding the subject.
However, I have noticed that due to the focus on the underlying concepts and functionality, most of the designs and layouts aren't particularly interesting! None of the designs are bad by any means — and that isn't the focus of pure React Implement High Fidelity Designs with Material-UI and ReactJS courses so this isn't a problem — but they aren't usually something you would give to a paying client, so that does leave a bit of a gap when you begin working on your own. That's precisely why I made this Implement High Fidelity Designs with Material-UI and ReactJS course!
We're going to build two complete projects from scratch based on just design files — including my own actual production website!
I'm going to walk you through the learning process that I went through when I built my first production application — all the way from starting the project with a blank screen to deploying a fully responsive website. What I really try to emphasize is the way to think about structuring layouts in Material-UI. We'll first go over screenshots of the design we're about to build and visually breakdown the grid setup necessary to achieve each look, along with the corresponding code snippets! Then we actually hop into the code editor to put it into action.
We'll also be going over the documentation for each Material-UI component before we use it in our project so you'll be familiar with all the different capabilities, not just the features we use! Each component is extremely flexible and one of my goals for this Implement High Fidelity Designs with Material-UI and ReactJS course was giving you enough familiarity with the entire current ecosystem to be ready to understand any future updates.
A key part of building production applications is making sure that your styles and functionality don't just work on your system, but are flexible and responsive to any environment. That's why I drill responsive design practices so you'll understand not only the concepts to keep in mind but how to actually implement them with Material-UI and get perfect styles on the biggest, smallest, and every screen in between. This will hopefully become second nature and we'll all enjoy more optimized user-experiences across the web.
We will also be covering extra topics like SEO in React, switching our project over to Next.js and the benefits from doing so, hooking up Google Analytics to start making data-driven decisions, integrating animations from After Effects, and so much more!
The Course Content Includes:
- Setting up a new project with create-react-app, React Router, and Material-UI
- Guided explanations of the documentation for almost every Material-UI component followed by implementing them in our project
- Different image optimization strategies
- Creating a theme for your application by mastering Material-UI's centralized styling system
- Learning how to use responsive design to ensure your applications look perfect on any screen size and orientation!
- Using the Material-UI grid system to align complex layouts perfectly
- Exporting animations from Adobe After Effects and efficiently importing them into a React application with react-lottie
- Leveraging serverless functionality with Google Firebase Cloud Functions
- Sending emails through Node.js
- Making network requests in React while displaying feedback like loading spinners with Material-UI
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO) in React applications
- Migrating a project from create-react-app to Next.js and why
- Cross-browser testing and support
- Deploying a Next.js project and adding a custom domain name — for two different hosting platforms
- Incorporate Google Analytics to collect data about who is interacting with your application and what they're doing
- Build custom organizational functionality to control data displayed in tables including search, filtering, delete, and undo
Along with lifetime access to over 35 HOURS of content, you'll also find easy access to support through active Q/A.
You've got nothing to lose — this Implement High Fidelity Designs with Material-UI and ReactJS course comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee in case you aren't completely satisfied!
Tackle the challenge, blur the line between design and development, and learn to create the projects you've envisioned.
Who this course is for:
- React developers looking to bridge the gap between design and development.
- React developers who feel like they know React but still have more to learn before building a polished website.
- React developers who have great designs but have struggled on perfectly implementing them in practice.
- React developers who want to be able to build any website design that's handed to them.
- React developers who want to master responsive design
- React developers looking for a better understanding of UX/UI design principles
- React developers looking for an easier, faster way to get up and running with clean, consistently designed applications
Created by Zachary Reece
Last updated 12/2020
Size: 22.00 GB