You'll be learning directly from a Global Professional Electrical Engineer with +17 years of experience in Protection & Control in this Fundamental of Electrical Power System Protection udemy course.
- The basic electrical principles
- A basic understanding of electrical engineering
Transmission & distribution systems that supply power to megacities & industrial areas are dependent on protection & control systems. By using examples, the Fundamental of Electrical Power System Protection course will introduce all of the basic principles associated with electrical power system protection.
As someone with 17 years of field experience in substations, I have included a practical example from the field where possible. Real examples, equipment nameplate, single line diagram, and real examples from the field are included.
The following key topics will be covered in detail during the Fundamental of Electrical Power System Protection course:-
· Learn all the key concepts of a protection system, including power quality, reliability, fault logging, and event recording.
· Demonstrate how electrical protection is based on basic principles
· Discussions have been held on cascade tripping, Comtrade files, and how to locate faults
· Look at the step-and-touch concept that can result in lethal voltage or current
· Why gravel is used in substation, How to protect equipment & human
· Look at Earth Leakage Relay, How it operates
· Understand protection philosophy, A)Selectivity. B) Sensitivity. C) Speed. D) Reliability. E) Simplicity. D)Economy.
· Relationship between selectivity and zones of protection. open & close zones, tele protection
· Look at Primary, backup & duplicate protection
· Look at relay classification, Electromechanical, Digital, Microprocessor & Numerical relays
· What are phase & ration compensation in transformer differential protection, interposing C.Ts
· How Over Current, Earth fault relay operates
· How Direction Overcurrent relay, Definite time & inverse time overcurrent relay operates.
· Understand Magnitude, differential & phase comparison principles
· look at the working principle of Breaker failure relay
· look at the basic electrical theory, Ohms Law, KVL, KCL, Calculate HV & LV rated & short circuit current transformer
· Introduction to the per-unit system, how to evaluate arc flash hazard using the per-unit system
· look at three-phase systems, balanced, unbalanced, three-phase fault, phase to phase fault, phase to ground fault
· Understand Symmetrical components
· Look at primary & secondary equipment, electrical wiring basics
· Understand Auxiliary relays, Main relays, Contactors
· Difference between Circuit Breaker & Isolator & Load Break Switch
· Understand the concept of interlocking
· Understand surge arrestor & surge counter
· look at GIS, AIF & MV SWGR
· Look at CB operating cycle, pole discrepancy, anti pumping, trip circuit supervision schemes.
· Intro to ANSI device codes
· Introduction to internal, external & through faults
· Look at Capacitor Storage trip units
· Show batteries & charger, how they work, Single Line Diagram of DC system, Single Line Diagram of Charger
· look at LCC, Gas diagram, Gas compartment, Gas permeable & Gas tight
· introduction to Relay Coordination
· Look at complete protection engineering cycle Design Phase, Manufacturing Phase, Shipment Phase, Inspection, T&C, Maintenance
· Look at three-phase currents and see how they can be broken down into sequence components and harmonics.
· Provide the basic principles behind current transformers, how they operate and need to be connected
· Show how voltage transformers operate and introduce the key types
· Go into detail on what happens when a fault occurs on the system
· Look into circuit breaker control and protection systems and how they interact with the protection systems.
· The main protection relay we will look at on this Fundamental of Electrical Power System Protection course is over protection. We go into detail on the basic and more advanced versions and show how this relay can be put to good use to provide great fault discrimination
· Look at the different types of earth fault relays and see how they can be used to protect some key equipment\s
Upon completing the Fundamental of Electrical Power System Protection course, the student will be able to identify all of the key components of a protection & control system, understand how these components fit together to form a fully integrated system, protection fundamentals, protection schemes & relays, battery charger & battery batteries.
If you're not satisfied with Udemy's course, you can get your money back within 30 days. Additionally, I am always available for questions as you go through the Fundamental of Electrical Power System Protection course to make sure your understanding is clear.
See you in the Fundamental of Electrical Power System Protection course!
Who this course is for:
- Electrical Engineering Undergraduates
- Electrical Engineering Graduates
- Power/Utility Engineer
- Anyone interested in electrical engineering
Created by Muhammad Kashif
Last updated 5/2021
Size: 3.2 GB