Take your data analysis to a higher level
What you'll learn
- Use NVivo 12 for Qualitative data analysis
- Explore the data, make a note of your observations and link these notes to other elements of the project
- Categorize your data into folders, sets, and cases
- Create Mind Maps reflecting your assumptions, observations, and expectations
- Compare cases by attributes and values (e.g. did men and women express similar views?)
- Code the data and create a thematic framework
- Run professional data analysis using coding queries
- Create Project Maps and Concept Maps to explore and visualize links in your project
- THINK like a professional qualitative researcher!
- NO data set is required (you will be provided with a sample data set to work with)
- You should have a licensed NVivo software installed on your computer
- ⚠️The From Zero to NVivo 12 – Qualitative data analysis with NVivo course was recorded on the WINDOWS version, and although it is very similar to the MAC version, some may find the differences confusing
- ⚠️ NVivo 12 Pro was used for recording the From Zero to NVivo 12 – Qualitative data analysis with NVivo course. In March 2020, a new NVivo update came out and the layout of NVivo changed slightly. HOWEVER, all options and functions I discuss in the course are still exactly the same
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ “A million times better than the ones at my uni! ” – Claire L. Johnston
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ “I highly recommend this course and instructor. He is a savior for the new researcher!!!!” – Jody Bergstrom
Whether you are completely new to NVivo, or have some previous experience with it, you will find this From Zero to NVivo 12 – Qualitative data analysis with NVivo course both useful and enjoyable.
I am a professional researcher, research consultant and academic tutor, and in this course, I will teach you complex ideas in a simple and approachable way and I will make sure that when you complete it:
➡️ you will be able to use a variety of functions of NVivo, ranging from simple note-making, sorting and coding to more complex data queries (see the details in the “What you'll learn” section above)
➡️ you will understand how NVivo can help you take Your data analysis to a higher level. You will have a good understanding of what can be done to enrich your data analysis and how to use NVivo for this purpose
➡️ you will impress your supervisors, teachers, employers or colleagues with the depth of the analysis you undertake
The best thing about this course is that all lessons are logically connected – the analytic ideas that emerge early in the From Zero to NVivo 12 – Qualitative data analysis with NVivo course when we record our initial thoughts will be later tested when we learn to code and conduct various coding queries. I do not just talk about how to conduct a given query without first explaining what this query is, how it will help us, and why we may want to conduct it in the first place!
This is, in fact, what my students seem to like most about my courses – the way I explain things, the way the lessons are organised and the way I support my students throughout (I am very responsive to messages and always do my best to assist each student personally).
I hope that you will take this course and we will soon embark on this exciting analytic journey together!
⚠️ Please not that the course was recorded on the WINDOWS version, and although it is very similar to the MAC version, some may find the differences confusing
⚠️ NVivo 12 Pro was used for recording the From Zero to NVivo 12 – Qualitative data analysis with NVivo course. In March 2020, a new NVivo update came out and the layout of NVivo changed slightly. HOWEVER, all options and functions I discuss in the course are still exactly the same
Who this course is for:
- Those willing to learn to use NVivo for Qualitative data analysis (Beginner Level)
- Those who have already used this software but want to develop their skills further (Pre-intermediate Level)
- Students undertaking their Master's/PhD study
- Academics & Researchers wishing to improve their skill set
- Recent graduates wishing to increase their employability (being able to use NVivo is a valued skill in research and academic jobs)
Created by Dr Jaroslaw Kriukow
Last updated 8/2020
Size: 2.91 GB