A practical example of how to build an application with ASP.NET Core API (.Net 5.0) and Angular 10 from start to finish
What you'll learn
- Learn how to build a web application from start to publishing using ASPNET Core (v2.1), Entity Framework Core, and Angular (v6)
- Students who complete this course will have a practical understanding of Angular and ASPNET Core
- Understand how to structure an Angular application using best practices
- Learn how to integrate 3rd party components into the Angular application
- Use Visual Studio code effectively to improve workflow
- Use AutoMapper
- Implement drag and drop photo upload integrating into a cloud platform
- Implement a private messaging system
- Implement filtering, sorting, and paging of data
- Display notifications in Angular
- Implement Authentication using JWT Authentication tokens
- Handling errors in the API and the SPA
- Persist data using Entity Framework Core
- Real-time notifications and presence using SignalR
- Hello world experience in ASPNET Core and Angular
- A passion for wanting to learn how to build a fully functional Web Application
This course has actually been fully re-recorded and rewritten for.Net 5.0 and Angular 10.
Please keep in mind that the true course length is 26 hours – the initial course remains in a legacy section at the end
This course needs to be able to help with that. In this course, we begin from absolutely nothing and incrementally build up our API and Angular front end up until we have a completely practical Web Application that we then publish to IIS and a Linux server.
These are 2 of the most popular frameworks today for the ‘back-end' (Microsoft's ASP.NET Core) and the ‘front-end' (Google‘s Angular) and are well worth investing the time to learn.
In this course, we build a total application from start to finish and every line of code is demonstrated and explained.
This course is right as much as date since September 2020 utilizing ASP.NET 5.0 and Angular v10 and as these frameworks evolve, this course will evolve with it.
Read some of the good reviews of the course:
Jim says “The absolute best course for building an API in.Net core and dealing with Angular!“
Daniyal says: “This is a complete project-based course from start to finish with real-world experience using technologies that are currently in demand in the market. People thinking about mastering the current technologies need to consider this course.”
Here are some of the things you will learn more about in this course:
- Establishing the designer environment
- Making the ASP.NET Core WebAPI and the Angular app using the DotNet CLI and the Angular CLI
- Including a Client-side login and register function to our Angular application
- Including 3rd party components to add some pizzazz to the app
- Adding routing to the Angular application and securing routes.
- Using Automapper in ASP.NET Core
- Building a great looking UI using Bootstrap
- Adding Photo Upload performance as well as a cool looking gallery in Angular
- Angular Template forms and Reactive forms and validation
- Paging, Sorting, and Filtering
- Adding a Private Messaging system to the app
- Publishing the application to Heroku free of charge
- Utilizing SignalR for real-time existence and live messaging between users
- A lot more things as well
Tools you need for this course
In this course all the lessons are shown using Visual Studio Code, a totally free (and great) cross platform code editor. You can of course use any code editor you like and any Operating system you like … as long as it's Windows, Linux or Mac
Is this course for you?
This course is extremely practical, about 90%+ of the lessons will involve you coding in addition to me on this job. If you are the kind of individual who gets the most out of knowing by doing, then this course is absolutely for you.
On this course we will build an example Dating Application, completely from scratch using the DotNet CLI and the Angular CLI to assist us start. All you will need to begin is a computer with your favorite os and an enthusiasm for learning how to build an application utilizing ASP.NET Core and Angular.
Who this course is for:
- Beginners to ASPNET Core and Angular who wish to master the practical use of these frameworks to build a compelling and practical application
- Students who like to learn by doing instead of mastering by theory
Created by Neil Cummings
Last updated 2020
Size: 14.1 GB